Day 9: Spring (#BlogFlash2013)

March 13, 2013 - 16:43 | 15 replies

leaf

She knew what it meant when all that water started to flow down the hill. Spring was finally there. After the long, cold winter the snow would finally go away.

It reminded her of what would be. The warm nights, when the sun wouldn't really go down. The birds singing, insects buzzing and fuzzing.

The first thing would be small patches of green. First green, then some yellow. A little bit of blue maybe. Mother's garden would come alive, every day a new plant would show up. Sleepy after being buried under the snow for such a long time. Shy in case there would be more cold coming up.

She was careful not to let water in her rubber boots, while she made her way up the flooding hill. She imagined it was a river with small ponds on it's way.

Photo by me.

This is part of #BlogFlash2013 challenge of 21 Days, 21 Prompts, 21 Posts.

#BlogFlash2013: 21 Days, 21 Prompts, 21 Posts

Join the VIP party!

Get exclusive content straight to your inbox. Join the weekly VIP party now.

15 replies for "Day 9: Spring (#BlogFlash2013)"

Comment »

Donna L. Sadd's picture

That's pretty Mervi, all the little sensations that Spring brings! :0)

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 13, 2013 - 18:14 said:

Thank you Donna! It'smbased on my own childhood memories.

Carlie Cullen's picture

I wondered if it was based on your childhood. I love the imagery of the buds peeping through the thawing snow. Lovely post!

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 13, 2013 - 18:52 said:

Thank you Carlie! Yes, my home place is on a hillside. Every spring the forrest behind our house used to (I'm guessing it still does, but I'm not there usually to see that) turn into a stream of water, all the snow melting away.

The picture above is from my home place, last spring. One of mom's flowers, I believe it's called common hepatica in English.

jeannine's picture

Your post makes me dream from spring even more. We had just a little taste of spring last week. But then winter hit on us once more this year. Snow and cold all around and that is rare in march for our little country. Well i guess we have to wait a little longer for flowers and green to come out. To become a little touch of spring i have put some branches of forsythia inside and they are already blooming in bright yellow.
greetings from Belgium
Jeannine

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 13, 2013 - 23:36 said:

Jeannine, thank you for stopping by and commenting. We have a full winter here in Finland. Snow and freezing cold.

Linda Ulleseit's picture

So lovely! Spring is still pretty with no snow, but it doesn't quite seem to have the relief-after-winter feeling that spring in a snowy place brings.

Linda

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 14, 2013 - 04:26 said:

Thank you Linda! That must be true, spring has a very different meaning and feeling after a long, snowy and cold winter than when there's none of that.

Aria Glazki's picture

This is so hopeful! Very nice.

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 14, 2013 - 15:20 said:

Thank you Aria!

Pingback from Of stars, small details and the Weekly Wrapup | the tasselfl on March 18, 2013 - 18:18
Terri Giuliano Long's picture

Beautiful! I love the idea of the shyness. Wonderful imagery!

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 19, 2013 - 00:54 said:

Thank you Terri! It was fun to write, very personal to me. :)

Kimberly Gould's picture

I think my favourite colour is the yellow-green of a brand new leaf.

Mervi's picture
Mervi on March 22, 2013 - 02:07 said:

It's a beautiful color!

Thank you for your reply! Please let me know if you have problems with the antispam system.
Kiitos vastauksestasi! Kerrothan minulle, jos roskaviestien eston kanssa tulee ongelmia.

Will not be published, sold or given to third parties.
Please include http:// (eg. http://mervi.helmikuu.net)
I reserve the right to restrict comments which do not contribute to the conversation, which contain profanity or personal attacks, or seek to promote unrelated business or scams.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Mervi Emilia

Hello, I'm Mervi Emilia!

I’m The Goddess of The Net, The Queen of The Penguins, geek, cat person, dreamer, awesome, always right and quite boring. This is my blog about web design, social media, life, marketing and business. Have some tea!

Twitter Pinterest Instagram Flickr

Twitter Facebook Google+ Bloglovin RSS

Join the VIP party!

Get exclusive content straight to your inbox once a week.

Made In Poll

Do you participate in polls?:

Etsy boutique

Premade Customizable Logo "The Frog Style"

Search and find